For well over 100 years, children in Glemsford have been making their way to the village school. Despite many alterations, inside and out, the building is easy to recognise as the three schools which were built as a result of the Education Act of 1870: Infants, Boys and Girls. The story of education which has developed on Lion Road since the 1870s allows many insights into life in the village, for the school has been a focal point for generations of villagers.
Some personal accounts, documents and facts about the Schools in Glemsford, originally compiled and wrtitten by Steve Clarke.
Articles about Glemsford School
Heating the School
During the 1800s
In search of a schoolmistress
In the 1890s
Voices from the past
and other interruptions